Re: MinGW devel rpms

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 14:22 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> There was some weird politics from the Fedora board who had a secret
> meeting (no records) without telling the MinGW SIG before nor
> informing anyone after.  I only found out about the secret meeting a
> week later quite by chance.  As a result I got a bit hacked off about
> the whole thing.

Ahem.  Nice try, but keep the straw men to yourself.

Fedora Board meetings, with the exception of the public IRC meetings,
are always "private".  This is due to discussion of a multitude of
sensitive topics, often legal in nature, but sometimes political as
well.  These meetings happen weekly, and summaries are posted to the
public (screened for sensitive material of course).  They can also be
found on our wiki page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings

Also, if you'll /read/ the summary,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-07-15#Mingw you'll
find that the board was mostly supportive of your efforts, and asked
FESCo to handle the technical details and implementation.

Often times the topics the board chooses to discuss come up only at the
meeting, where there isn't really an opportunity to broadcast the fact.
Many times when this happens, it is noted that we should have a subject
matter expert join the meeting, or we'll table the item until such time
that said subject matter expert can be made available.

Nothing nefarious to see here, please move along.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!