Re: Need help making syslog-ng, rsyslog, and sysklogd not conflict

DEW> Not possible since Red Hat controls sysklogd in RHEL.

And here I was thinking I was posting to fedora-devel-list.

Could we discuss technical solutions and ignore Red Hat politics?
What I proposed is a standard method of dealing with these things.  We
have modified several packages in the same manner (mainly to make use
of -filesystem packages), and those packages are also in RHEL.  It
hasn't been an issue.

 - J<