Re: Need help making syslog-ng, rsyslog, and sysklogd not conflict

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"DEW" == Douglas E Warner <silfreed silfreed net> writes:

DEW> Not possible since Red Hat controls sysklogd in RHEL.

And here I was thinking I was posting to fedora-devel-list.

Could we discuss technical solutions and ignore Red Hat politics?
What I proposed is a standard method of dealing with these things.  We
have modified several packages in the same manner (mainly to make use
of -filesystem packages), and those packages are also in RHEL.  It
hasn't been an issue.

I was just about to suggest a common log rotation scripts package that all syslog progs used as well. And yeah, don't worry what RHEL does right now.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com