Re: Need help making syslog-ng, rsyslog, and sysklogd not conflict

On Wednesday 13 August 2008, Douglas E. Warner wrote:

> I've been told that shipping the *exact same* log rotate script as rsyslog
> or sysklogd should work as rpm won't care about the duplicate file since it
> matches exactly, but there's two problems here:
> 1) I don't know what "exact" is (file size, md5, timestamp, ??)

I'm not sure if it's considered good packaging practice in cases like this,
but at least for "rpm -V", and also IIRC wrt. file conflicts, the sameness as
far as rpm is concerned can be controlled to some extent in %files with
the %verify directive.

http://rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-inside-files-list-directives.html#S3-RPM-INSIDE-FLIST-VERIFY-DIRECTIVE