Re: Need help making syslog-ng, rsyslog, and sysklogd not conflict

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 20:13:48 Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> And here I was thinking I was posting to fedora-devel-list.
>
> Could we discuss technical solutions and ignore Red Hat politics?
> What I proposed is a standard method of dealing with these things.  We
> have modified several packages in the same manner (mainly to make use
> of -filesystem packages), and those packages are also in RHEL.  It
> hasn't been an issue.

Ideally syslog-ng would be in EPEL instead of only being available from my
repository, and as it is I can't ship it due to this conflict.  Last I knew,
EPEL was a Fedora initiative.

At any rate, I appreciate the suggestions; I just happen to be stuck with a
complicated problem.

-Doug