Re: Need help making syslog-ng, rsyslog, and sysklogd not conflict

"Douglas E. Warner" <silfreed silfreed net> writes:

> It was previously suggested that all three should use the same pid file and
> therefor be able to be restarted by the logrotate script regardless of which
> one was running.  I don't like this method since it creates a problem if
> someone accidentally starts two syslog daemons at the same time.

It's not just a case of "accidentally". syslog-ng is great for
handling remote logs, but regular rsyslog is nice for its simple
configuration. I run rsyslog on all the regular servers, and both
rsyslog and syslog-ng on the log-server.

yum doesn't like that very much, but I just beat it into submission.

/Benny