Re: AWOL process for Jeff Carlson

On Wed August 13 2008, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> MS> My old proposal has been MIA (Missing In Action). Better? :)
>
> I thought we settled on the neutral "Non-responsive" some ages ago,
> but we need to invoke this so rarely that I think everyone has
> forgotten.

According to the source of the policy page it was called AWOL (and this was
the name I was also remembering):

<!-- page was renamed from PackageMaintainers/Policy/AWOL Maintainers
-->
<!-- page was renamed from Extras/Policy/AWOL Maintainers
-->

Imho in case there is a renaming of an policy, the cause should be also
explained in the page. Non-native speakers may not be able to know the
reasons for such a renaming without it beeing documented. For me 'AWOL' did
not imply anything negative.

Regards,
Till