Re: AWOL process for Jeff Carlson

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:42:01 +0200, Till Maas wrote:

> Imho in case there is a renaming of an policy, the cause should be also
> explained in the page. Non-native speakers may not be able to know the
> reasons for such a renaming without it beeing documented. For me 'AWOL' did
> not imply anything negative.

Robin has tried to explain it. The negative thing about it is that its
commonly used for cases of absence _without permission_. Not just in a
military context. It's used when somebody ought not be away, and being
away would be considered a _breach of duty_.

Being "non-responsive" is not a good thing either, but its meaning
is less harsh.