Zabbix 1.5.4 RPMs

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Aug 21 00:43:43 UTC 2008

I've built some RPMs for Zabbix 1.5.4.  The major changes:

* There's a new component - the proxy.
* Server and proxy binaries are built for all three databases that
Zabbix supports (MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite3).  You choose between
databases by installing the appropriate subpackage.  Unless you force
and install it shouldn't be possible to install more than one at a
time.
* The 'zabbix' RPM does not contain the server, instead it contains
bits that are common to all of the packages.
* There should be conflicts and obsoletes that are set to get
everything working on a upgrade, but that's not tested.
* The cpustats patch has been disabled (but it's included in the SRPM)
because it causes the agent to segfault.  I had to resolve some
conflicts to get it to apply cleanly to 1.5.4 and I must have messed
something up.

RPMs and SRPMs can be found here for EL-5 and development:

http://repo.ocjtech.us/zabbix/

A git repo with my work on the cpustats branch can be found in the
cpustats branch:

git://fedorapeople.org/~jcollie/zabbix.git

We're looking at using Zabbix 1.6 in Fedora Infrastructure so these
packages will get some thrashing but the more people that look it over
the better.  Hopefully some smart person out there will figure out
what I've done to the cpustats patch and get it fixed up.

Jeff