Re: livecd-creator / anaconda - strange problem with ownership dropped

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin langhoff gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin langhoff gmail com> wrote:
>> Looking at /var/log/anaconda.log there are some odd entries saying
>> "INFO: set fc of /path to None" for several paths, including /library
>> and all its contents (literally, every file and directory in the
>> partition).
>
> This is fairly strange - but I'm not sure if it carries the blame - we
> see those INFO entries for each path in the non-/ mountpoints - /boot
> and /library .
>
> OTOH, I have a checkout of the matching anaconda code, and it's doing
> isys.resetFileContext() which I followed all the way to lsetfilecon().
> Will resetting the SELinux context reset the POSIX user/group too?

This was reported as #243479 -- and fixed in commit
4efdd691a6321d764acb0780d519e0ac625056ec which never got applied to
the F7 branch.

I have a backported patch (attached), but it's quite tricky to test
it. I have to rebuild the anaconda rpm (not an easy task!) to have the
rpm avaialble during the livecd creation. So it's not tested as it
stands.

regards,

 martin langhoff gmail com
 martin laptop org -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions