livecd-creator / anaconda - strange problem with ownership dropped

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 09:28:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looking at /var/log/anaconda.log there are some odd entries saying
>> "INFO: set fc of /path to None" for several paths, including /library
>> and all its contents (literally, every file and directory in the
>> partition).
>
> This is fairly strange - but I'm not sure if it carries the blame - we
> see those INFO entries for each path in the non-/ mountpoints - /boot
> and /library .
>
> OTOH, I have a checkout of the matching anaconda code, and it's doing
> isys.resetFileContext() which I followed all the way to lsetfilecon().
> Will resetting the SELinux context reset the POSIX user/group too?

This was reported as #243479 -- and fixed in commit
4efdd691a6321d764acb0780d519e0ac625056ec which never got applied to
the F7 branch.

I have a backported patch (attached), but it's quite tricky to test
it. I have to rebuild the anaconda rpm (not an easy task!) to have the
rpm avaialble during the livecd creation. So it's not tested as it
stands.

regards,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions