Re: GNUstep filesystem layout discussion

Michel Salim <michel.sylvan <at> gmail.com> writes:
> - FHS, flattened (like Debian). We would need to override GNUstep-make
> to install under %{_libdir} rather than %{_prefix}/lib. It will
> require a customized openapp to handle multilib systems

I consider this to be the only way to really comply with the FHS as required by
the Fedora Packaging Guidelines.

And as Axel rightly pointed out, binaries do not belong to /usr/bin/GNUstep/:
if they're intended to be run directly, they should be directly under /usr/bin,
otherwise they should be under /usr/libexec/GNUstep.

Disclaimer: I am not an FPC member.

I hope this helps,
        Kevin Kofler