Re: GNUstep filesystem layout discussion

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 02:50:38PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > Axel, what do you think? Seems like keeping the unflattened layout
> > might be too much trouble; if we are already flattening /usr/bin and
> > /usr/lib*, might as well stick with a flattened layout after all.
>
> I'm not Axel, but I second this. ;)

But please understand that we would then have chosen between
libfoundation and gnustep-base, e.g. only one would be allowed in
Fedora world. And thus only one subset of application packages would
survive.

unflattened != multiarch
unflattened == choose libcombo at runtime
flattened == choose libcombo at buildtime
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net