Re: libgnutls-openssl and real openssl conflict

Chris Adams wrote:
The flip side of that is that libgnutls-openssl is GPLv3+, which means
that anything under GPLv2-only or any other non-GPLv3-compatible license
may not be able to use it.  I'm not sure, since it implements somebody
else's interface; can anything using the OpenSSL library API be
considered a derived work of libgnutls-openssl (by virtue of linking)?

My understanding is that public API's are not subject to copyright, however IANAL :-).

--
Matthew
Person A: It's an ISO standard.