ifup-local $DEVNAME versus ifup-pre-local $CONFIGFILE

A curio I found working my way through the ifup execution traces is
that while ifup-local is called with the device name (eth0),
ifup-pre-local is called with the config file name (ifcfg-eth0).

Not the end of the world, but as these hooks aren't documented (that I
could find at least) and google has few hits for them,I thought it was
worth a mention.

cheers,

 martin langhoff gmail com
 martin laptop org -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions