[Fedora Forum] Micro Fedora

Patrice Kadionik kadionik at enseirb.fr
Fri Aug 29 12:56:17 UTC 2008

Patrice Kadionik a écrit :
>> One prefers to use the fresh vanilla Linux kernel with busybox. The
>> Linux kernel is then configured exactly for your target. With that, you
>
> Maybe you do but if you have the extra space (especially if we could
> fix the module packaging a bit) then the ability to use existing
> maintained
> and tested code, and the fact "yum update" just works are hugely
> valuable.

Hi Alan,

Yes, you're right if you have enough memory onboard.

But, for an embedded system, having a very low memory footprint is very
important. So, if you can use just 4MB instead of 8MB, you have saved
money and your embedded system is cheaper.

Cheers;

Pat.

PS: I missed you last year at the LSM in the system session at Amiens. I
hopefully to see you one days...

--
Patrice Kadionik. F6KQH / F4CUQ

+"Tout doit etre aussi simple que possible, pas seulement plus simple" +
+ Patrice Kadionik             http://www.enseirb.fr/~kadionik         +
+ IMS Laboratory               http://www.ims-bordeaux.fr/             +
+ ENSEIRB                      http://www.enseirb.fr                   +
+ PO BOX 99                    fax   : +33 5.56.37.20.23               +
+ 33402 TALENCE Cedex          voice : +33 5.56.84.23.47               +
+ FRANCE                       mailto:patrice.kadionik at ims-bordeaux.fr +