wirteable config files path

Hello,

I'm the maintainer of BackupPC, a backup software written in perl.

I have some SELinux issues actually, and need your advices to create the
relevant package.

BackupPC provides a web interface that needs write access to its config
files (actually located under /etc/BackupPC). Problem is that /etc
should not be writeable.

So my question is : where should I place those config files ? Config
files should be located under /etc, but /etc should be readonly.
/var/lib/backuppc would be a good idea, but it's not relevant for config
files.
Solutions I see :
1- keep config files under /etc, and make them writeable from apache,
2- simply move config files to /var/lib/backuppc
3- move config files to /var/lib/backuppc, and then create a symlink to
this path in /etc

What would you advice ?

Regards,
Johan