Re: Feature proposal: New, Standard Documentation System

Trond Danielsen wrote:

Last time I checked both man and info pages are available though the
gnome yelp browser. That already provide a convenient and searchable
interface for both experienced and inexperienced users.

--
Trond Danielsen

While yelp is a nice tool, it lacks in the lightweight department. It eats 40 megs of RAM upon startup and more RAM once searching occurs or pages are opened. Sure, we're all getting gigabytes of RAM these days, but it's a HELP tool with TEXT.

yelp may provide a cross-help platform, but it isn't highly known about or advertised. Many users still use "man foo" in terminals or Google search.