Re: Feature proposal: New, Standard Documentation System

On 2008-12-01, 01:45 GMT, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Man pages, while informative, are limited. If examples or
> detailed information are required then you're back to Google
> searching.

Yes, there are many manpages which are pretty bad. But expanding
content won't happen by switching to different format, but fixing
each manpage. Yes, one at the time.

> Two hours? I should hope to create something in 10 minutes.

Two hours include learning curve. After writing one manpage and
learning how to do it, including collecting appropriate tools, it
should be as fast as writing with anything else. I don't think
that two hours of learning is too high price for creating
structured, long-lasting documentation.

Best,

Matěj