How to pack cron jobs?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Dec 1 08:32:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:42:25AM +0300, Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:
> Patrice Dumas пишет:
>> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 08:46:20PM +0300, Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:
>>> Great news. In this case really may be best solution add /etc/cron.d
>>> into crontab package?
>>
>> I don't think so, at least if  cronie directly uses files in /etc/cron.d.
>>
>> --
>> Pat
>>
> AFIAK cronie do not use files from it, cronie only provide service to
> handle jobs from this directory. And fcron will do the same.

It is advertized in the crond man page, so I think it is directly done
by cronie, (and I don't know where it would be configured otherwise).

> I thing in any way "Require crontabs" must be in both crons.

Not in the main package. User may want another crontab than the fedora
one.

> Furthermore if /etc/cron.d will be included into both crons, do not make
> this conflicts (if both must be installed on the same machine off
> course)??

Dir ownership doesn't lead to conflict, on the contrary, it is a rather
natural way to present virtual provides (as long as it is in /etc).

--
Pat