Re: evdev and multiple keyboards

Le Lun 1 décembre 2008 13:33, Julian Sikorski a écrit :

> Nicolas Mailhot pisze:
>>
>> Le Lun 1 décembre 2008 12:45, Matthew Garrett a écrit :
>>
>>> USB devices output standardised keycodes, so if these are incorrect
>>> it
>>> implies that the evdev map in xkb is wrong.
>>
>> Unfortunately that's not always 100% the case, and the kernel HID
>> driver maintains a quirk table for non conformant hardware.
>>
>> The ultimate fix is thus to declare this model's quirks kernel-side,
>> by posting the usb id and needed changes on
>> http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-input
>>
> How to check if it's the evdev map or lack of conformance?

Ask on the list. People will tell you to check keypresses result in
standard codes kernel-side with the console equivalent of xev (I don't
remember the command name).

If your keyboard does not emit standard codes, trying to "fix" it
xkeyboard-config side will only break other hardware.

--
Nicolas Mailhot