Re: My (unpleasant) fedora 10 installation experience

Le Lun 1 décembre 2008 15:41, Lev Shamardin a écrit :
> It really seems to me that these layout
> defaults are
> insane. Is it that common to have non-english login names and
> passwords, really?

Many non-us layouts include latin keys so they don't need a us layout
to type english. It's only countries that do not use the latin script
for their own language which have problems.

This is all a result of more complete system and gui integration,
which exposes all the missing/semi-working bits system side. When
there was little integration xorg could have totally different
settings and people didn't care non-xorg console was an i18n mess.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot