Re: Server SIG - work areas

Martin Langhoff wrote:
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Dan Horák <dan danny cz> wrote:
opened our own mailing list - subscribe at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/fedora-server-list

Cool - signing up. Excellent high level list of topics - matches
perfectly with my OLPC School Server needs.

I guess specific technical discussions do come back to
fedora-devel-list@ still... we can't really do it without help --
however indirect -- from the wider dev community.

(If we do take all "server" discussions there, we could succeed in
removing them from here, effectively lowering awareness of the server
needs. That would be... counterproductive...)

Yes, note that nothing server-centric is really opposed to being client or desktop oriented as any machine may need to provide a mix of services while running as a client itself. Consider a single machine acting as a server for LTSP thin clients and/or multiuser freenx sessions as an example. It would likely provide dhcp/dns/http/ftp/samba/nfs/email and perhaps act as a nat internet gateway, but it still needs all desktop functionality for multiple users.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com