FHS violations

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Filesystem_Layout

| Fedora follows the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard with regards to
| filesystem layout. The FHS defines where files should be placed on the
| system. Fedora packages should follow the FHS whenever possible. Any
| deviation from the FHS should be rationalized when the package is
| reviewed.
|
| There is one notable exception, libexecdir.

Contrary to that, package "spu-binutils" creates directories

  /spu
  /usr/spu

which is a violation of the FHS. And I've been told there are more
packages that do something similar.

I'd like to propose that above guideline is updated with a "MUST"
clause: The rationale for deviating from the FHS must be given in
a comment in the package .spec file.

Why is it not feasible to create an own tree like

  %{_libdir}/spu/
  %{_libdir}/spu/bin/
?