Server SIG - work areas

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Dec 3 06:57:29 UTC 2008

On 01.12.2008 15:02, Dan Horák wrote:
> [...]
> Admins corner
> [...]
>  - work on the TUI counterparts of GUI system-config-* tools, should go
> in hand with the backend/frontend separation

Just thinking aloud: By "TUI" you mean command line apps with a
interactive, ncurses-like interface?

Are those really worth the work? I for one (and a lot of other linux
users I know) either use graphical configuration Tools (with or without
remote forwarding) or (if there is no graphical environment or in
scripts) simple command line configuration tools (without an interactive
interface) -- I doubt a third way in the middle (and a second one for
text mode configuration) makes much sense. Improving some of the command
line configuration tools (those without an interactive interface) OTOH
might.

But well, maybe that just my odd point of view.

CU
knurd