Re: Status of libtool 2.2.X?

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 11:24 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> On Wed December 3 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > > * overladden with non-helpful gimmicks like progress percentages and
> > > color output
> >
> > You can call color output a "non-helpful gimmick" (though it really helps
> > visually separating the lines just saying what is being built from any
> > error or warning messages), but progress percentages are definitely useful!
> > Do you not want to know how far your build actually is?
>
> I am only interested to know, when it finished.
The color gimmicks help you better than the lines displaying what the
tools underneath are doing?

Pardon, but this logic escapes me.

>  But this is already taken care
> of by koji. :-)

As a developer, maintainer and/or packager you normally want to see what
the tools are doing, e.g. if the compiler has received the correct
flags, is using the correct libraries etc.

Ralf