Re: Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> The autotools do not apply a central data base, they keep
> "configuration" and "installation" as separate jobs. cmake lumps them
> together.

Uh no, it doesn't.

CMake:
Configuration: cmake . or cmake ..
Building: make
Installing: make install/fast (or "make install" if you want it to do all
the dependency checks the "make" step already did again like the autotools
always do)

Autotools:
Configuration: ./configure or ../configure
Building: make
Installing: make install

The only extra job the autotools have is the useless "autogenerate and/or
files" (a.k.a. autoreconf) step, which is exactly the one I'm complaining
about.

        Kevin Kofler