Re: Fedora 10 and YUM

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal fedoraproject org> wrote:

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Tim Niemueller wrote:

Seth Vidal schrieb:

I have another Fedora 8 box connected to the same router, and there are
no DNS problems there.

Did these problems magically go away recently?

Not for me. I had a similar problem yesterday on a "svn up". Trying a
second time immediately afterwards worked. Has happened a few times
since F-10 upgrade.

What does 'svn up' have to do with yum?

-sv

After using F10 for a longer time, I believe that the issue might be a more general DNS issue than just YUM.  I have been getting more failed lookups under F10 than under Windows or F9.

Mark Bidewell