Re: Fedora 10 and YUM

FYI many ISPs seem to have DNS problems from time to time. I have
taken to running tshark to watch what is going on:

tshark -i any -f 'port 53'

For many people the DNS server will be a proxy on the local router,
but it's perfectly valid to edit new entries into /etc/resolv.conf to
use external DNS servers (eg. OpenDNS). This can confirm that problems
relate to the 'default' DNS setup.

OT but I have a reasonably fast ADSL2+ connection that often suffers
slow DNS (multiple seconds for a lookup).

-Cam