Re: Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 20:45 -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Ralf Corsepius wrote:
As a developer, maintainer and/or packager you normally want to see what
the tools are doing, e.g. if the compiler has received the correct
flags, is using the correct libraries etc.
Sure, but I care about that once in a great while.
Very likely because your use-cases are trivial.

No. Rather, I don't change my build flags every build, and therefore don't need to verify them constantly. VERBOSE is only needed when the buildsystem is first created or when it is changed. (Besides that it is only needed in special circumstances or when you don't trust the build system.)

Of course, I like my percentage progress (a LOT, in big projects) also.
I am well aware that some people prefer watching progress bars, instead
of watching bugs ... the rationale for doing so has always escaped me.

That's... uncalled for. And unwarranted.

--
Matthew
Microsoft, electricity, network connectivity. For a secure system pick any two. -- Iain D Broadfoot (paraphrased, from cluefire.net)