Re: looking for inotifywait and similar help

Patrice Dumas wrote:
In both cases /etc is watched. That is something I would have liked to
avoid, because it will cause my script to wake up a lot, compared with
only looking at /etc/cron.d, /etc/crontab and /etc/fcrontab.
It looks like signalling that a file came into existence without
watching the directory the file is in is not possible with inotify
currently.

May be initialy check this file is exists, and if not just create (touch) empty if not? If we create new empty files, it is not add any job, but allow watch modify of it.

--
Pat