Re: The looming Python 3(000) monster

For Windows cross-compilation of Python libraries, we decided that
Python 2.x's build system is crazy, so we would only support Python 3
from the beginning.  The reason is so that we can get build system
patches upstream easily without having to maintain patches against all
the different branches (ie. against 2.5, 2.6, 3.0, devel).

So if you want your Python program to work with the Fedora MinGW
cross-compiler, you'd better try it out with the 'python -3' option
and fix any deprecated bits.

Rich.

... Or take the opportunity to jump to a safe language .. we've
already got an OCaml cross-compiler.