Re: The looming Python 3(000) monster

Callum Lerwick wrote:

We're just now dealing with Python 2.6, but over on the radar is perhaps one
of the most incompatible upgrades to the language we've seen in Python 3.  I
personally haven't tried it yet, but it /aims/ to be incompatble, which is
perhaps one of the most glaring signs a language designer has lost it that
I've seen.

Was that last line really necessary for your post?

The implicit looming flamewar here should be taken upstream. Fedora
policy is to follow upstream, wherever it may take us.

Just push the problems of changing API on regardless of the damage it causes to users who will be running their own and 3rd party code?

The only reasonable way to ship changes that aren't backwards-compatible once you have a user base is to allow multiple versions to run concurrently so everyone can migrate their components separately and at their own pace.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com