Re: Whodunnit? F10 install without permission

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 14:28 -0500, Robert Locke wrote:
> Two follow-on questions:
>
> 1) Was it configured somewhere?  Couldn't see anything
> in /etc/PackageKit/

I don't know.  PK did it so that it would know what options were
available for upgrades so that it could offer you the ability to
upgrade.  We've moved that information to a public webserver rather than
being in the preupgrade package so that PK can get this information
without stealth installing packages.

> 2) So, I don't need to Bugzilla this obvious invasion, since we won't do
> that to machines again? <big grin>

Well, I don't think there are any current guidelines that would have
caught this, but it does fall into the "don't do that" category.  It
just wasn't noticed by many people until recentlyish.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!