Re: cpufreq module on x86_64

Jerry James wrote:
First I wondered why I was getting a cpufreq module loaded on a
desktop machine.

...so your machine draws less power when you aren't using it?

I hear that there is a general trend to add power-friendliness to Fedora, mainly for laptops/netbooks, which is probably the "why". However, I agree with doing it in general since saving power is good on desktops also :-).

--
Matthew
For great justice!! -- Captain (Zero Wing)