Re: cpufreq module on x86_64

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 14:46 -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Jerry James wrote:
First I wondered why I was getting a cpufreq module loaded on a
desktop machine.
...so your machine draws less power when you aren't using it?

I hear that there is a general trend to add power-friendliness to Fedora, mainly for laptops/netbooks, which is probably the "why". However, I agree with doing it in general since saving power is good on desktops also :-).

s,laptops/netbooks,the environment

That wasn't the impression I got, but as I said, that's why I agree with doing it for everything, regardless of if "the environment" is the reason versus "just" laptops/netbooks :-).

(And since I'm now running Cambridge on my Asus, I'm in favor of power saving for both reasons :-).)

--
Matthew
For great justice!! -- Captain (Zero Wing)