cpufreq module on x86_64

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 5 21:45:58 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 14:46 -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Jerry James wrote:
>>> First I wondered why I was getting a cpufreq module loaded on a
>>> desktop machine.
>> ...so your machine draws less power when you aren't using it?
>>
>> I hear that there is a general trend to add power-friendliness to
>> Fedora, mainly for laptops/netbooks, which is probably the "why".
>> However, I agree with doing it in general since saving power is good on
>> desktops also :-).
>
> s,laptops/netbooks,the environment

That wasn't the impression I got, but as I said, that's why I agree with
doing it for everything, regardless of if "the environment" is the
reason versus "just" laptops/netbooks :-).

(And since I'm now running Cambridge on my Asus, I'm in favor of power
saving for both reasons :-).)

--
Matthew
For great justice!! -- Captain (Zero Wing)