Re: cpufreq module on x86_64

Callum Lerwick wrote:
I noticed that at some point my Athlon 64 3000+ (2ghz) desktop system
lost its ability to change frequency. I think it happened in a F9
update, but its definately gone in F10. It was capable of switching
between 2ghz and 1ghz. Is mine one of the old Athlon 64's that take too
much time to switch or something? I never had too much problem, if I was
doing something really demanding I'd just manually lock it at 2ghz...

Did your powernow-k8 driver load properly? Does /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver exist? What are the contents of this file?

Brian