More PATH fallout. Who decided this was a good idea?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 00:44:46 UTC 2008

2008/12/5 Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com>:

> As a sudo user, I believe that running admin tools such as usermod as an
> unprivileged user to get the help page is a perfectly valid use case,
> and this change is a bad idea that should be reversed.

These permissions have been in place for over 2 years, with valid
reasoning. Just because it's in your PATH doesn't mean you should be
able to execute it.

revision 1.84
date: 2006/10/04 21:03:00;  author: pvrabec;  state: Exp;  lines: +11 -3
- fix regression. Permissions on user* group* binaries
  should be 0750, because of CAPP/LSPP certification
- fix groupdel man page