Re: Whodunnit? F10 install without permission

On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 02:49 +0000, dexter wrote:
> As I don't use this Kit I'll never see it, but along the lines of 'is
> it ok to install x.y.z to enable auto-updates [y|n]'
> followed by a 'always do this | dont ask again'. The important keyword
> here is opt-in!

Well that wasn't what the package was installed for.  It was installed
so that PackageKit could have the appropriate information to check if
there were distro level upgrades (say 9 to 10) available for you.  The
upstream has been asked to please not install any software in Fedora
without a users consent, so hopefully this scenario won't happen again,
at least not with PackageKit.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!