Re: The looming Python 3(000) monster

Le dimanche 07 décembre 2008 à 08:55 +0000, Richard Hughes a écrit :

> >  Which isn't really helpful, esp. as the messages I've seen say
> > something like "Some program is stopping you from doing this" ... pretty
> > much guaranteeing the next words out of the users mouth will be "die
> > when I tell you too, scum sucking laptop, die; die; die!".
>
> Right, and the sort of unstable user to say to their laptop "scum
> sucking laptop, die; die; die!" probably deserves to rebuild their rpmdb
> on next reboot.

I would be more constructive to tell the user what the blocking program
is (command name, user, PID).

A lot of PK messages suffer from this kind of lack of details which is
not helpful for the user and just makes him want to scream. Please try
to give users *context* instead of vague maddening generic blurbs.

Remember, the user, not PK, is supposed to be in control. No black magic
please.

--
Nicolas Mailhot