Re: The looming Python 3(000) monster

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

We're just now dealing with Python 2.6, but over on the radar is perhaps one
of the most incompatible upgrades to the language we've seen in Python 3.  I
personally haven't tried it yet, but it /aims/ to be incompatble, which is
perhaps one of the most glaring signs a language designer has lost it that
I've seen.

Was that last line really necessary for your post?

Incompatibility isn't a relative thing. More/most, etc., are irrelevant because compatibility is a yes or no question. If you want a language that you can expect to run your programs unchanged in the future, you should have learned years ago that python wasn't it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com