Re: Can luks in fedora 10 , encrypt using a combination of keys and passphrase

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 12:50:44 +0530,

> Can we add a key to the already encrypted luks partition, so that when
> the user forgets the passphrase, we can make use of the private key + IT
> passphrase and unlock the partitions?

Luks supports multiple keys. In general you need to know the passphrase
for a key slot in order to muck with it in supported ways. So users should
not be able to change the admin passphrase without admin type access.