FAmSCo elections only open to ambassadors?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Dec 8 15:47:32 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Today I went to do my duty and vote, and much to my surprise I could not vote
for the FAmSCo election. Now that is probably something which has been
discussed before and I just missed, but still let me express my surprise about
this.

How is it that anyone which is member of any group in Fedora including
translators and ambassadors get to vote for FesCo, which is effectively the
developers steering committee now a days. Yet only ambassadors get to vote who
gets on FAmSCo ??

Don't get me wrong I think that people who contribute to Fedora by doing
marketing in the broadest sense of the word, or by doing translations, as such
have earned every right to influence future development of Fedora. But how is
it that the people who are building the distro, do not get to influence how the
distro is represented to the world by our Ambassadors?

Regards,

Hans