Re: rawhide report: 20081208 changes

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 12:40 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> RWMJ> It shouldn't?
>
> You can use it for that, but it's a bad idea.
>
> The point of keeping packages in an SCM is to enable multiple people
> to work on a package.  If you keep your sources elsewhere and only
> touch CVS by using cvs-import.sh to basically overwrite everything
> with your SRPM then you wipe out any work that someone else did.
>
>  - J<

Except that you get shown the diff before you can commit it, and you can
back out if there have been any changes.

I use cvs-import all the time as hardly anybody ever touches my
packages, and it's far easier to just call the script to do the work for
me.  Responsible usage of cvs-import.sh is fine, irresponsible use of it
(just like with anything else, like cvs direct) is not fine.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!