use fcron as default scheduler in Fedora?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 23:12:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> This is in order to always have a fallback. Anybody can use anything as
> EDITOR, but one has to have a default. vi is not a bad choice, it is
> POSIX, unless I am not recalling correctly, and it is small.

Should all possible fallbacks be hard requirements? Isn't it better to
have a number of competing packages provide an editor and provide a
virtual editor provides, have one of those installed editors set as
the default system editor via the EDITOR variable and then have all
packages which need an editor require the virtual editor provides
instead of a specific editor?

That way anyone can build a spin or do an install using any
appropriate available editor package which provides the editor virtual
provides as policy and tastes dictate.

-jef