Re: Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 11:02:30AM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> Sometime it is better to push directly to stable, when the package is
> already broken, when it is a security fix, or for packages with few
> users.

Which then leads to the question, why a broken package was pushed to
stable in the first place.

We should try to get the bohdi-karma-mechanism more popular. I have
updates-testing activated on both my F10 machines but I haven't set a
single karma-point yet. The reason is that it's not easy after a day or
two to review that last updates and send a +1 on them if I have used
them and they didn't break.

Maybe a small gui tool showing the latest testing-updates and allowing
to send (positive) bohdi-karma would encourage more people to actually
send the karma which in turn would encourage developers to use
updates-testing more.

--
sven === jabber/xmpp: sven lankes net