Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Tue Dec 9 13:06:58 UTC 2008

Sven Lankes wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 11:02:30AM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>

>> Sometime it is better to push directly to stable, when the package is
>> already broken, when it is a security fix, or for packages with few
>> users.
>>

> Which then leads to the question, why a broken package was pushed to
> stable in the first place.
>
> We should try to get the bohdi-karma-mechanism more popular. I have
> updates-testing activated on both my F10 machines but I haven't set a
> single karma-point yet. The reason is that it's not easy after a day or
> two to review that last updates and send a +1 on them if I have used
> them and they didn't break.
>
> Maybe a small gui tool showing the latest testing-updates and allowing
> to send (positive) bohdi-karma would encourage more people to actually
> send the karma which in turn would encourage developers to use
> updates-testing more.

First of all this falls on to testers...

Developers should spend their time developing.
Testers should spend their time testing that's what we are here for.

And please developers redirect all QA/Test related mail to that
"accidentally" falls on to this list
to the test-list where testers and QA resides ( Developers should be
subscribed to that list to ).

Secondly a small bodhi voting gui does not cut it.
Testers need know what to test to ensure that the component behaves as
it should
so you need an application that...

A)  Fetches the test case  for a component and
B)  Has the ability to log in and vote in bodhi.

I suppose I can add that to my TODO list since i'm going to developer
( and hopefully others as well ) the "Fedora-Bug-Reporting" application
( Would not be surprised if it ends up being a full blown
fedora-test-suite. )
Let's see how easy  to learn python really is :)

This all hangs on the "QA namespace"  where each component will be listed
with info how to test what to report etc.. More on this will be posted
to this list
( and ofcourse the test-list ) when we have working examples on the wiki.

There is work on the way to address several QA issues.
( Mostly in the implementation discussion stage at this point )

Expected results 2+ releases from now.

For those that did not know this is our wiki page..
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA

Will Woods ( wwoods ) is the "Commander in chief"
of QA and the Bug Hunters squad ( we should form a band )

The fedora-test list is "our" mailing list.

We hang on #fedora-qa

We usually hold meetings 1600 UTC on Wednesdays .

Previous meetings info can be found here

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings
and here
http://wwoods.fedorapeople.org/fedora-qa/

JBG