Colin Walters wrote:
On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
The DBus update broke applications not conforming 100% to the spec.
Unfortunately this update was pushed directly into stable (not
updates-testing) and so nobody got a chance to test it.

Just to be clear, the direct push into stable is my fault; not Red
Hat's or other DBus developers or anyone else's.  I had originally
listed it for updates-testing, but then changed the update to security
and in a moment of total stupidity also changed the listing for
stable.

People make mistakes - which is the point of having procedures in place to catch them. Is there any way some additional checks can be imposed before things hit the public repos?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com