Re: use fcron as default scheduler in Fedora?

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 19:17 +0100, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> $ crontab -e
> /bin/sh: /bin/vi: No such file or directory
> crontab: "/bin/vi" exited with status 127
>
> Is this unacceptable behavior? I don't think so. But of course the
> message could be even improved. Much better than making cronie
> depending
> on any editor.

That looks like a crash to me.  My immediate response would be "If you
need vi, why the hell didn't you require vi?!"  Imagine the case where
the user running this isn't the admin of the system.  What can they do
now?  Nothing.  Dead in the water.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!