On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 09:43 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
> > But, as I've mentioned before, I think you'd get much better public
> > participation in testing if yum could do repeatable updates.  That is, I'm
> > only interested in testing exactly the update that I will later do on my own
> > more critical machine(s) and I'm not interested enough to maintain my own
> > mirrored repository which is currently the only way to get exactly the same
> > set of programs installed on 2 different machines at different times.
>
> Do you mean.... we require all the mirrors to hold all version of all
> updates for a release cycle?

 Yes, that's the only sane way to do it. yum-debug-dump /
yum-debug-restore will somewhat do the above, if the repo. has the old
versions available. However Fedora only has the latest, so the only real
alternative is creating a new repo. of somekind ... at which point you
might as well just do a local mirror.

--
James Antill <james fedoraproject org>
Fedora