Re: Feature proposal: New, Standard Documentation System

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 01:20:18PM +0200, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:

> Okay, so back to my main point: is there an official step I have to take
> to start an initiative like this?

You know Fedora, we pride ourselves on our "be bold and do it"
spirit.  Well, unless we are complaining about the bureaucracy. :)

All I ask is you to send a self-intro[1] embedded in a discussion opener
to fedora-docs-list; obviously join the list.  We want to scope out
solution(s) and culture change ideas there, then bring a well formed
proposal/plan back to groups such as f-devel-l.

Within that planning process, we'll likely discover early that we need
some resourcs such as a publictest server instance to start
prototyping.  We can sort those requests out as needed.

Alternately, and we can consider this ... do we gain by keeping the
discussion on fedora-devel-list?  It feels to me that we've squeezed
the juice out of the ideas here so far, and it's time for a smaller
group (sub-project such as Docs) to take it aside and bring back
something more to squeeze.  But that is just a feeling, I'm open to
other ideas.

- Karsten
[1] That's the "how to join Docs" step that really matters:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join#Signing_Up
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41